cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

BETA 4 YouTube Music stops when screen times out.

(Topic created: 11-08-2021 08:06 AM)
Mathieumontana
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Has anyone else experienced this? Since Beta 4 update I can use the YouTube app itself which is a good work around, but the YouTube Music app stops playing music seconds after the screen times out. This could be happening for other music streaming app.

Thank you,
8 Replies
DD7227
Halo
Options
Discussions
I had this happen even before beta. I Uninstalled then reinstalled and it fixed the issue.
0 Likes
Mathieumontana
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I went ahead and did this too just to be sure. Thank you!
sbnaul
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
You can try adding the app to 'Never Sleeping App'...
Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > Background usage limits > Never Sleeping Apps > + icon

Or maybe you can remove the app if it has been added to Sleeping apps / Deep sleeping apps

I had a similar concern with a different app, and the above helped the cause...
0 Likes
Mathieumontana
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
This worked! For some reason it was under both sleeping apps and never sleep. I never added it there but thank you for tht help and support.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello, @Mathieumontana 

Please try the suggestions made by  @DD7227  and @sbnaul . If the issue persists, please send us an error report. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

Mathieumontana
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Thank you!!!! It worked!!!!
0 Likes
Atlawson
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I don't have this issue mine works good except I can't control the media on my lockscreen anymore with YouTube music like I did before I started the beta program. Other music apps work just not YouTube mu6.
0 Likes
Mathieumontana
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
You know what. I'm so used to changing songs with taps on the buds pro that i didn't notice that. You're right