Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Battery life

(Topic created: 10-24-2021 05:05 AM)
dortyboy
Sun
Options
Discussions
I did not notice it the first day I downloaded Beta 3 but I did this morning. My phone lost so much charge overnight just by sitting idle doing nothing lastnight. Its crazy 
8 Replies
Jabin
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Did you clear cache after the update?
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
For beta1, battery life was somewhat "normal".

For beta2, battery life got worse.

For beta3, battery life has creeped back to somewhat "normal" (yet could be better)

21 Ultra Unlocked here

I have a post in Tips:
Apps crashing on your beta - try this

... give it a go and see if it helps
0 Likes
46m3csl
Comet
Options
Discussions
I had the same issue here , had a massive drain overnight just by idle.
0 Likes
Timplar
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Was your 5g on? I've noticed that my 5g is staying on a lot more if I'm not on wifi and it's chewing through my battery. Going to revert to 3.1
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
On beta 3 I'm losing only 2% overnight while idle. I've never had battery life this good since I purchased this phone.šŸ‘
JRock1276
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I'm not having that problem. First day was iffy, it was still settling in. Today phone's been off the charger for 5 hours and with normal usage I'm only down 12%. That's even better than when it was new.
0 Likes
JRock1276
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Screenshot Screenshot_20211024-125839_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @dortyboy ,

Please check settings - battery and  device care - battery- click on chart and see which app is consuming a lot of battery. You may try killing the app and see if it helps. We are aware of an issue with Google Play services consuming too much battery and have fixed the issue but didn't make it to last software update. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes