Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Beta Tip!

(Topic created: 09-15-2021 03:40 PM)
beri
Comet
Options
Discussions
I have participated in Samsung Betas for numerous years. I HIGHLY recommend that after you install the beta update go ahead and reboot into recovery mode and wipe cache partition. This will save you a lot of pain with slow downs, crashes, etc. 

I do this after every device update no matter how big or small. Fixes many issues which at times includes battery drain. 
11 Replies
CharlieLiuPhoto
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
All android versions since 9.0 automatically wipes the cache when updating. This is why you see the "optimizing apps" screen upon the first boot..
beri
Comet
Options
Discussions
Incorrect. This step is doing exactly as it says "optimizing apps" to function on the updated version of the OS.

All the system and app cached and dump actually remain on the cache partition which is what usually causes improper functionality
0 Likes
DD7227
Halo
Options
Discussions
It is best to reboot.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

@poky3210 , please follow steps below to clear your device cache

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.
chasemaka21
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Hold volume up and power button at start up get recovery screen and wipe cache then restart phone
Titan79
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I actually do a factory reset, which seems to fix 99% of the issues I have experienced. I've tried the wipe cache and it doesn't fix all of the issues I've ran into.
beri
Comet
Options
Discussions
True, factory reset would be the preferred method but I can't be bothered with setting up my device again lol. I usually clear the cache twice and it usually does the trick
0 Likes
Alanmo4
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I used to do the full reset as well, until they came out with the Galaxy App Booster as part of Good Gaurdians. Running that after a software update seems to take care of any issues I'd previously come to expect after an update. That said, since that's not working on the beta, I've done the cache wipe mentioned here. Hopefully that helps. I hope others find the Galaxy App Booster as helpful in 'real life' as I've come to find it. Cheers!
0 Likes
dragonbyrd0
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Thank you beri it immediately cleared up some notification issues