Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Camera quality

(Topic created: 11-13-2021 02:35 PM)
Andrew_F
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Even my dog is sad about how bad the camera has been acting lately. Whether it's because the camera loads for a whole minute when taking a photo (108 Mp/standard) thus completely missing the entire shot all together, or when pressing the shutter button nothing happens, or it could be the terrible grain and discoloration There are a few examples in the comments below. 
I already reported this and was just told to make sure everything was up to date.
7 Replies
Andrew_F
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
The photo of my dog is just slightly cropped in, so you can better see the issue. It was taken with the 1x cameraScreenshot_20211112-134144_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211112-133525_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211112-133531_Gallery.jpg
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Here's what I always suggest.

Enable RAW.

Now, go shoot a slew of photos, with different scenarios (lighting, focus, zoom, etc)

Then compare RAW to JPG

What you'll probably discover is "JPG smear" ... a very typical trait of JPG engines.

This is a subject we discuss at length in DSLR forums
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello, @Andrew_F 

Please try the suggestions made by @user751201tmO21 . If the issue persists, please send us an error report. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

0 Likes
Andrew_F
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
These are point and shoot... I do use the raw for my photography from time to time. But this is an actual problem I have every now and then with the beta
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Even DSLRs are point and shoot, with JPG anomalies ...
0 Likes
that1guy22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Camera definitely seems worse on beta
camurphy24
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Not sure why it is, but have to agree with you.