Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Daily Random Restarts

(Topic created: 09-24-2021 12:42 PM)
bigbad614
Comet
Options
Discussions
Anyone else dealing your device restarting randomly though the day still?

I suffer at least 3 a day, that I witness. 
19 Replies
Zachman97
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I have my phone on me pretty much all the time and my Galaxy Watch on. My phone is always nearby and my watch would disconnect if the phone resets. And I have never witnessed it resetting. I have it either on my bed with me. The desk beside the bed. Or the same room I'm in (Never upside-down). Only time I have it in my pocket is when I'm walking around the block. Even then though I have music on. Only time I could see it resetting is night when I'm asleep.

And I'm not 100% sure what you mean by your comment? I always unlock my phone with fingerprint but maybe once or twice a week or so it'll require I use my pin because no fingerprint sensor will show. This happened even before the beta though and I do have it set to automatically restart my phone once a week while I am asleep.
0 Likes
bigbad614
Comet
Options
Discussions
I can tell you for sure, that when your phone resets, you may not receive notifications with your watch. I am like you (always have my phone close and my G Watch4) and I have never received notification on my watch due to an unexpected reset. I do receive notification when out of range of my phone AND if I actually restart my phone myself.

I have noticed, when my phone is face up, my phone restarting or when I newly launch the Members App, the option to upload a crash report pops-up. (this you have to enable in settings of the app, otherwise it is off by default)

Something to consider. Thanks for your reply, I do appreciate it.
0 Likes
Zachman97
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I have noticed my watch not giving me any notifications a couple days ago and had to go to the app to reconnect. My watch disconnects a lot but usually connects a minute or so later so I've never had a problem of not getting notifications until a few days ago.
0 Likes
bigbad614
Comet
Options
Discussions
At this point, I get all expected notifications, except when my phone crashes.
0 Likes
Mack14
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Yep
0 Likes
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Discussions
I have had only a single random restart so far. I did open the Members App and allow the crash report to send
0 Likes
Johnny53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Yes
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @bigbad614 ,

Please erase the device cache using steps below. If issue persists, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
bigbad614
Comet
Options
Discussions
Been there done that, at least 25 times.
0 Likes
SpudMan9510
Comet
Options
Discussions
Clearing the cache didn't work, hopefully when the next beta update rolls out it will fix the issue. Also before my phone will restart whatever app I'm using freezes up
0 Likes