Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Different default SIM for call and data

(Topic created: 10-25-2021 06:16 PM)
Options
Discussions
Not sure what is it that is preventing Samsung from introducing seperate default SIMs, one default SIM for data and another default SIM for call/text.
0 Likes
11 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Maybe the moderators captured the same request from the other two posts šŸ˜

It's also something that would take time to build and integrate.
Options
Discussions
The code base already exists in non USA version of S21 Ultra. And that was there since the launch time. So why not here as well? They already know how to do that.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @user39bA6aI7mG ,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
rdinsf
Halo
Options
Discussions
Believe it or not, this functionality partially exists. Go to the dialer, click on the three vertical dots, then settings, then calling accounts. There is a menu there where you can set a default SIM for voice and SMS. You can only change the default for voice and SMS together, you can't have separate defaults for each. Definitely a strange location for this menu which clearly belong on the SIM Card Manager menu.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
This is what I have under Dialer then three vertical dots then Settings. I have no calling accounts option. What I want a default sim for data and another default sim for call + textScreenshot_20211026-201548_Call settings_2902.jpg
0 Likes
rdinsf
Halo
Options
Discussions
I just posted the menu I get. This is pretty ridiculous, as far as I can tell in other countries where Samsung enabled esim they have drop down menus to pick the default separately for data, calls, and SMS. The dropdown menus also appear in the logical place on the SIM manger page. Screenshot_20211027-094325_Phone.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
I even dont have these options. Not sure why
0 Likes
rdinsf
Halo
Options
Discussions
The only difference I can think of is that I have the T-mobile variant bought directly from T-mobile.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Possibly
0 Likes