Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Experience with RAM Plus Off

(Topic created: 09-12-2022 08:50 PM)
CJ78
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Has anyone done testing with RAM Plus off? After seeing some articles online about better performance with it off I disabled and the phone is blazing fast now with much better animations. I'd been seeing a lot of random stuttering in apps that now appears to be gone. Curious what others have seen.
13 Replies
Negropy
Halo
Options
Discussions
I turned it myself yesterday. The phone seems a little snappier, but honestly I might not pay enough attention to notice.
0 Likes
sqmala
Halo
Options
Discussions
So I read this about 6am this morning and turned off ram plus wich has been on since first day of owning the phone.i had it set to 8gb also..anyways I turned it off been running the phone with it off for about 12 hours now and the phone is way more responsive,overall faster and the animations alot smoother..with ram plus on I had alot of random slowdowns or slow animations with the public release of one ui and the current beta 2..haven't really payed attention to battery life but phone is definitely overall smoother and faster in my opinion.
Godsend
Halo
Options
Discussions
Hmm, I've just tried disabling it on 2 of my S22Us. Haven't noticed much difference yet but I have system monitor edge panel that shows "zRAM" which is usually 8 gigs which my RAM Plus was set at. After completely disabling it in settings it's still showing the zRAM as 3 gigs and not 0.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Placebo effect.
0 Likes