Original topic:

Gesture Navigation + Gboard Accidental Key Press

(Topic created: 03-15-2022 04:42 PM)
Stratatak7
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Hi everyone,

I have noticed that when using full screen navigation gestures with no hints and having Gboard open, results in a space (or other key) being accidentally pressed when using the swipe gestures. It doesn't matter which app is open, but the only way around this is to enable hints. My preference is to not use hints, because I like a full screen experience. I have One Handed Operation + active as a workaround gesture, but it's not quite as intuitive as swiping up from the bottom center to go home. While this is a relatively minor thing, having to erase a space on every text message I swipe away from on the next message I send is not preferred.

I am hoping I am not alone in noticing this bug that has occurred with Gboard for the last two iterations of One UI. In One UI 3.0, installing Good Lock was a fix for this. I submitted a report during Beta 1 and am hoping there's a way this can be fixed.

Setting the gesture sensitivity to high does not fix this, unfortunately. I have noticed Beta 2 is a lot more stable (only a few reboots) but with much higher battery drain.

I appreciate the Samsung devs and QA team working hard and listening to us as we navigate this process together.
8 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Hmmm. I'll have to pay closer attention to see if this is happening on my end.

Thanks for the heads up! šŸ‘
likearaptor
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I've had this issue as well since the fullscreen navigation gestures have been on Android. I always have the hint bar turned on. I use Google keyboard
DrFed
Comet
Options
Discussions
I just swipe above the keyboard area for "back" to avoid typing "poop" or "pop".
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Stratatak7 ,

Thank you very much for reporting the issue to us. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

Stratatak7
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Thanks for the response, Samsung Team! Do you know if this issue is known or being worked on, by chance?
userwb3q0q5z1s
Astronaut
Options
Discussions

Hi, I have the same issue (for a while now), I'd also like to know if it's being worked on or if there is any timeline to pick it up/release.

0 Likes
j4k3z
Astronaut
Options
Discussions

Yes this is VERY annoying..

0 Likes
users2LQf77VXF
Constellation
Options
Discussions

The problem is still there...