Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

How to sleep an app?

(Topic created: 08-04-2023 04:44 AM)
Options
Discussions

There is mention of Sleeping Apps to save battery by curtailing the background activity of these apps.

Under BATTERY in the Wear App:

Sleeping Apps

Putting apps to sleep helps to extend battery life.

Can anyone explain how to do this?  It is not documented  anywhere in the Wear App or on the watch. Many of the apps in question have switches which would allow you turn off background activity, but they are not accessible. You can see them but they cannot be toggled off. 

Every time I search how to sleep an app on the web, I get chatter about sleep apps, and sleeping advice.  

A lot of apps do not need to be operating in the background. Supposedly, we can control this activity. It would be useful to actually do so! Thanks. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Options
Discussions

To make a app sleep go to settings, scroll down to see "battery and device care ",go to battery scroll down until it says sleeping apps and choose the app that you want to sleep. Hope this helps

0 Likes
Options
Discussions

...and that's  where the problem arises - there are no programs to select.  I get a blank field with gray letters saying "No apps", and that's it.

There are lots of apps that have a switch in their configuration page to turn off background operations as is intimated in "Sleeping Apps" under APPS  (see: "allow background activity"), but there is no apparent way to flip that switch to off. The switch supposedly governs the Background activity of that particular app. There are several in APPS that have this switch, and not all of them need to run in the background, and all of them just consume battery power whether you use them or not. 

0 Likes
userHbtJfO4AJX
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Same problem here, I accidentally removed an app from sleeping apps list. But I couldn't fid a way to put it back to that list. There is a switch , which is disabled.

0 Likes