Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Issues with home network

(Topic created: 09-18-2021 09:04 PM)
LIGHTNING144
Explorer
Options
Discussions
After updating to the beta on my S21 ultra 5g, every time I connect to my home network the entire network goes down. Only happens when I connect my phone to the Wi-Fi. 
0 Likes
20 Replies
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
since the beta I have noticed Wi-Fi cable router an Arris surfboard resetting several times a day sometimes several times an hour since I installed the beta. I cannot comment if the beta is causing this, though the behavior is recent and the cable company denies any issues or outages (of course). I will turn off S21 Wi-Fi and see if that matters. that's the only recent wild card in my network setup.
0 Likes
ADSuarez
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I had that problem once after updating to beta.
0 Likes
LIGHTNING144
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Tested a few times and the issue only happens when I am connected to the Wi-Fi
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
I set up a guest account on my Wi-Fi to see if that would help my phone connection, when the phone Wi-Fi was turned on it turned off my home network. when I leave the phone Wi-Fi off my home network Wi-Fi and router does not reset. it definitely seems to be when the phone Wi-Fi is on after the beta, it did not do this before.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello  @LIGHTNING144 ,

Your device is very unlikely to have capability to reboot a router itself. If you havenā€™t already, Please send us an error report from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

We would also recommend reaching out to your Router manufacturer for support.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
I found this article on my Wi-Fi routers website: Disable WMM Power Save Support. WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia) Power Save support allows reduction in power usage while specific Wi-Fi traffic is not being utilized. Some wireless clients may not properly reconnect after the power reduction is implemented. Disabling the WMM Power Save support can eliminate these intermittent drops. will report back in a few hours with results.
0 Likes
LIGHTNING144
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Did this help at all
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
no it did not, but I tried something recently and the Wi-Fi has been on since I tried it, I'm still suspicious because it could still fail, but in the past it would have failed already. I searched on apps, system apps for the word "network", and any app that had the word network in it, I cleared the data.

Settings
Apps
Show system app
Search for network
Clear data of all related app

I have to report for the last 2 hours the Wi-Fi has not dropped out after using the above fix.. every other time it has happened by now... fingers are still crossed, will keep monitoring...

it "feels" fixed, but we all know how that goes...
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
I can report that my Wi-Fi has not shut off in the last 11 to 12 hours after performing the steps I described.
0 Likes