Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Mute icon

(Topic created: 09-30-2021 10:41 AM)
RipWashington
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
(S21) Just participated in a teleconference. Had a heck of a time distinguishing whether my microphone was muted or active. Any suggestions regarding how best to resolve this?
0 Likes
7 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions
Make sure that you The microphone permission on, you will see a green icon, also open the app that you are using and make sure the microphone permission is turned on
RipWashington
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Thanks. I was in the middle of a teleconference so I couldn't easily identify whether my cell phone mic was off/on without disturbing the meeting. The fact that the slash mark never disappeared baffled as well as frustrated.
0 Likes
ruskin
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
The color of the mute icon turns green when you are muted. You are unmuted when it is the same color (gray) as the other icons
RipWashington
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
That's what frustrated me. Both green and grey have slash marks. On other mute icons I'm familiar with the slash mark disappears when the mic is open. "Green" for mute seems counterintuitive as green is usually associated with "go" ie. TALK.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @RipWashington ,

Thank you for your feedback. We will pass on your feedback to our usability team for review.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

RipWashington
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Thank you.
0 Likes
ruskin
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I agree, the design concept isn't really there for simplicity. It definitely can be confusing