JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No option for getting the beta.

(Topic created: 11-30-2021 11:49 AM)
7krishna
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Hey I just got my z flip 3 in the USA and when I go to the Samsung members app I don't see an option to register for the beta. I even tried clearing the data and uninstalling and installing again. 

Any help is appreciated. Thank you. šŸ˜€
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Discussions

Hello! Thank you so much for reaching out to the Community! We're sorry but sadly the registration for Z Flip 3 One UI beta program has ended. That would be why you're not able to see the option available. I know this stinks to miss the deadline, but don't worry we will have future betas that you may be able to participate in the future! We hope you can participate in the program next time, and we thank you for being a part of our Samsung Community and joining our Samsung Family! šŸ™‚ 

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
jay1021
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I'm having the same issue.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Discussions

Hello! Thank you so much for reaching out to the Community! We're sorry but sadly the registration for Z Flip 3 One UI beta program has ended. That would be why you're not able to see the option available. I know this stinks to miss the deadline, but don't worry we will have future betas that you may be able to participate in the future! We hope you can participate in the program next time, and we thank you for being a part of our Samsung Community and joining our Samsung Family! šŸ™‚ 

0 Likes
Andmdit
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
This is exactly why this will be my last Samsung. Too much confusion and frustration and control. I will never again give Samsung $1800 for a phone to be told I can't get beta software because of a deadline that was never communicated in the first place. Im going Pixel from now on.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Beta is a volunteer program, the banner is shown when there is availability and your carrier allows the beta
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Andmdit ,

We are so sorry you couldn't register to beta program. We do not have deadlines to join for beta program unless we are not releasing any additional software updates. Majority of the time, we close registration as we have limited slots and they fill up quick for some models. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Andmdit
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Well that's all I needed to hear. I will be ordering the Pixel 6 Pro tomorrow. Google at least offers open beta access just like Apple does.  I have been a loyal Samsung customer for over a decade and simply because of how poorly managed this entire experience has been, it's time to part ways. As a previous beta participant on other Samsung devices, I am disgusted with how this has been handled.  I have an eligible unlocked Galaxy fold 3 that I purchased directly from Samsung. I am using an eligible carrier. My ability to participate in the beta program should not come down to whether I am able to a "Banner" in an app.  Does Samsung even realize how ridiculous that sounds?  I would think that a company who has been struggling to generate sales of their devices would be more accommodating to their customers, especially the ones willing to spend almost $2000 on one device. Unfortunately I am unable to return this device because as a loyal customer, I purchased it at launch, just like I have many times before including the Note 7 which almost went up in flames. I will be returning my new watch 4 and I am cancelling the order for the three Samsung appliances I purchased. It's 2021, and consumers have more choices than ever before and I will NOT accept anything less than the treatment I deserve. What one company won't do, another one will, and they will do it so well that you won't even remember the company that wronged you. 

Sincerely,

A newly former customer

0 Likes
bryyunn
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Lmao all because he couldnt get the beta šŸ¤£
0 Likes
userE7axOKxdMR
Asteroid
Options