JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notifications Stop Working at Random

(Topic created: 08-28-2024 08:07 AM)
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Discussions

Ok.... So I was previously not having any issues except Outlook not syncing (found out that this is a known issue even with non-beta users with the 7 Ultra watch...seems tp be a Microsoftissue possibly) and Stretched Time not working (was told by moderator it will get fixed in the final release)

But all of a sudden notifications stopped working consistently.  I have to turn them off and back on again to get them to work again. 

I have already sent the error report on this notifications issue.

I've done the following to attempt to fix it

• One factory reset with Restore
  • One factory reset without restore
  • Verified that all apps I want notifications from are able to run in the background
  • Verified I have no apps sleeping or in deep sleep
  • Wiped cache partition of my phone and the watch
  • Wiped cache of Watch 4 Manager Beta
  • Wiped cache if the Wearable app
  • Drained the watch to 0% and fulling changed it to 100% before turning it on again
6 Replies
JuDaFM
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Hi, how are you?
I have the same issue too. From what I read, you have a Watch4 just like me. Did you get any solution with the steps you did?

0 Likes
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions

This is a known issue with outlooks latest update targeting compatibility.  Nothing wrong that your doing and currently no fix and is not a Samsung issue but rather a Microsoft issue. This issue arose with outlooks latest update that broke connectivity within the app and is currently being worked on and should be fixed with outlooks next update. šŸ––

0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Discussions

@MarvinMod2 

Well...now Notifications are working again...but the Wearable app has updated this morning and turned the layout into the old layout.

Bringing along a new bug...the samsung calendar app not syncing events.

Glad to have Notifications working again consistently again though

0 Likes
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions

Bad timing lol..

Looks like Microsoft pushed the fix and then Samsung gliched with their wearable app update šŸ¤£

No worries mate, it will pan out. šŸ’Ŗ

0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Discussions

It's all good. This is what Beta programs are for.  I've done so many of them at this point for Samsung and Microsoft. 

Bugs are expected.  Some are more annoying than others....but this is what I signed up for so to speak.

0 Likes
Solution
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Chef31684,

We apologize for the rollback issue on Calendar appšŸ˜„

However, we are aware of this issue and is included in the next Wearable app update (which will be available soon). 

Thank you for your contribution to Beta program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team