Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Notifications

(Topic created: 10-25-2023 10:19 AM)
sysinfo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I've been on iOS for a year and just switched back to Android. One thing that I really want to see in One UI 6 is the option for full screen wake when receiving notifications. 

I work in IT and our users use Teams for work. I often have to silent my phone during calls or meetings. I notice that if receive notifications, I'll miss them due to not seeing my phone light up. 

The edge lighting is good, but it's not "in your face". I'd rather have the option for a full screen notification display. It just works better in my opinion. The AMOLED tech by Samsung is definitely gorgeous, don't get me wrong. I believe it's harder for me to notice new notifications because the true black is super overpowered. 

Yes there are third party apps out there that will do that for me, but that defeats the purpose of buying a $1000 phone that should do that for you already. 
9 Replies
userNXpCvJddgi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Always on display set for new notifications.
sysinfo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I have that on at the moment, but I notice I still miss notifications because I spend my time on my computer screen than the phone itself. I just think having it light up is a lot more convenient than having to check my phone every time.
ProfSoap
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
You can set a function where the flashlight blinks a few times when you get a notification.
sysinfo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I don't ever put my phone face down, so I don't toggle that option. Definitely useful, but just not for me.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

sysinfo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
That's awesome, thank you for taking this into consideration. A close replica would really be helpful. We all know Android updates with software and UI customization are still miles ahead of iOS, so work your magic please!
0 Likes
AEMarz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Totally agree 👍🏼.

Also I'm receiving big delays in receiving notifications in general but really bad on Gmail, kwikset, MyQ and Arlo apps. These are extremely important because of home security and work emails. When compared to my iPhone 15 Pro Max it's night and day. iPhone notifications are instant and real time. My S23 Ultra receives them very delayed and once received the phone won't notify me until I wake the screen and unlock the phone which defeats the purpose!

After doing some research online I have followed many different methods of changing different settings but still haven't had any luck to fix the issue.

The only method that seems to allow receiving timely notifications that I constantly seeing users do is disabling doze via ADB which they report as working well until you restart your phone. So it's semi temporary so long as you don't restart your phone. In the even you did have to restart your phone you would need to do the ADB process all over again. Please 🙏🏼 fix this notifications delay issue and add a screen wake feature on notifications.
sysinfo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I've read some Reddit forums where users have stated that iOS receives notifications faster because they use a certain type or protocol that operates in the background, kinda similar to background app refresh being always on. The reason Android (maybe just Samsung) does this is so your battery is optimized and doesn't drain faster. I do appreciate what Android is doing. I notice there's only about a 2-3 second delay when compared to when I had an iPhone 14 plus. I can live with a delay.

But what I'm noticing with the new One UI 6, notifications are a lot snappier and faster.

The only exception is Outlook email notifications because it takes time for the email to be sent out. Even then, I still receive my email notification on my S23+ faster than my workstation.
0 Likes
sysinfo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
You can try downloading Glimpse Notifications in the Google Play Store. Very similar to how iOS does their notifications.
0 Likes