Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One UI vs Nova Launcher

(Topic created: 10-16-2022 08:14 AM)
CalCorCol
Star
Options
Discussions
Anybody else trying to create a Nova experience with One UI and it's just not working for them?

I use Nova and while it incorrperates One Ui features, I just can quite get it to act and look the way I want it to like the ease of using Nova.

1. App drawer-I prefer a vertical scroll vs Horizontal. 

2. When I group apps on my home screen, I'd like to have a one Icon cover for the folder vs seeing multiple apps as the Icon.

3.I can't hide apps in the app drawer.

4.Only way to apply icon pack is by using Theme park.

5. Nova offers lots more animations. Entering and exiting, and scrolling than One UI.

Just to name some. Just wondering if it's just me or is this a standard One UI vs Nova norm.

I've had an experience with NOVA customer service and Im using the paid version. So now, I would like to ditch Nova and use ONE UI. But I've had Nova for so long, I can't seem to get into One UI like I'd like too.

Any suggestions on how to fix these or reccomendaion on another lunch that works really well With one UI?

#ILoveMySamsumg
0 Likes
19 Replies
MCS519
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
One UI can't do what you listed. I've been using Nova for years on so many phones, I lost count. It's consistent, always updated to match current Android features and then some, and it's reliable and way more customizable than One UI.
CalCorCol
Star
Options
Discussions
That I agree. Although my battery life is a non issue. I'd just like to have the same range of customization with One UI. but guess that's not possible.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
You should be able to do 1, 3, and 4 with Nova settings. I'm also a paid user of Nova and prefer as my launcher.
It may come at a cost for battery life, but minimal and highly customizable.
0 Likes
CalCorCol
Star
Options
Discussions
Yes, I'm aware, I'm current using Nova and have for many years and many phones. Was wondering if it was possible to create a Nova like experience with ONE UI.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Sorry, misunderstood your question. Nova will be more advanced than One UI as a launcher. No you can't create Nova experience entirely on One UI. The reason why we use Nova!
Options
Discussions
Here are the settings you are looking for in Nova.Screenshot_20221016_100559_Nova Launcher_1000000956_1665932759.jpgScreenshot_20221016_100739_Nova Launcher_1000000957_1665932859.jpg
0 Likes
CalCorCol
Star
Options
Discussions
Yes, I am aware of all the possibilities of Nova. I was wondering if these were possible In ONE UI.
Options
Discussions
Also, there is beta 8.03.
It's good!

https://novalauncher.com/betaScreenshot_20221016_101251_Nova Launcher_1000000959_1665933171.jpg
0 Likes
CalCorCol
Star
Options
Discussions
And this was what the disrespect was over. I was simply inquiring how close was the stable version to being released, I'm a beat tester and the beta to still infested with bugs, so much so, I had to roll back.