Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Phone freezing and restarting

(Topic created: 10-28-2021 06:55 AM)
userlbZP9qDyQb
Constellation
Options
Discussions
My phone continues to freeze and reboot. I I've updated to Beta 3, I've cleared the cache and repaired apps in recovery mode, and nothing fixes it. Any other suggestions? It's making the phone virtually unusable. 
0 Likes
14 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Back in beta1 and beta2, I'd get 40+ "freeze, then soft reboot"s a day.

For me, beta3 eliminated all that

However, I will mention ... about 30 minutes ago, the phone displayed three "app is not responding" popups ...

Then I see a "System UI has stopped", pop up.

You can guess what happened next ... yep, freeze then soft reboot

Be sure to report it
lHomelanderI
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I had that issue in beta 2 but not once in 3. I would check your apps in system settings to see if any are crashing. I uninstalled tiktok and snapchat and it fixed the issue for me
0 Likes
userlbZP9qDyQb
Constellation
Options
Discussions
How do I see what apps are crashing?
0 Likes
lHomelanderI
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
located in device care click the line graph at the top then it will have a list and you can click apps that are crashing Screenshot_20211029-122240_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20211029-122244_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @userlbZP9qDyQb ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
SpudMan9510
Comet
Options
Discussions
Mine did it a few times after I enabled device protection. I turned it off, and it hasn't done it since. If you have it enabled, here's how to turn it off.

Open your phone's settings.

Open Apps.

Tap on the ā (3 dots) options button in the top right corner of your phone's screen.

Tap on Show system apps.

Scroll down to Device security and tap on it. You can also search for device security and tap on it when it appears.

Tap on Storage.

Tap on Clear data. On some Android versions, you can find it at the bottom of the screen. A confirmation message will appear.

Tap on Delete or OK (depends on your Android version).

0 Likes
userlbZP9qDyQb
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I don't see the show system apps when I tap on the 3 dots. Screenshot_20211028-103839_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
SpudMan9510
Comet
Options
Discussions
Click where it says your apps, should be an option for system apps

Screenshot_20211028-104614_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
userlbZP9qDyQb
Constellation
Options
Discussions