Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Questions regarding privacy.

(Topic created: 09-26-2023 07:52 AM)
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
So I have a question for you Samsung.. It has become quite apparent lately that when I'm searching for stuff online using your browser, the Samsung browser built into the phone that you are allowing apps to track everything I do in order to advertise stuff to me because last night I typed something into your browser to search for a spray gun tip for my painting system and I only visited one website and then this morning I woke up to a notification from the PayPal app (the literal PayPal app) on my phone saying that if I buy something from the website that I visited that I can get a discount, my problem is I want to know how an app that has to do with banking of all apps is capable of seeing what I am searching for, the websites I visit and then advertise to me like that?! Is my privacy not of any concern anymore? Also I would like to know what QUALTRICS FEEDBACK REQUESTS is in the PayPal app but since you're not PayPal you can't answer that question I assume? Why is it that the Samsung browser is allowing this to happen even after I turned tracking and everything off?? I'm getting rather upset that my personal information is no longer personal and I know this has been going on for a while the problem is it's getting worse and worse with each new phone/ update! Is there some way to block this or what?!

10 Replies
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Discussions
You may want to look for these in your security and privacy settings.Screenshot_20230926_105119_Samsung account.jpg
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
I've already done all of this that's the problem with this! I said in my comment, "even after I turned tracking and everything off??" Which I have! Not just there but every single app personally!
missmotta
Comet
Options
Discussions
The thing I love about Samsung browser is how well it works with ad blockers. This might also help you?

There's also a setting in Samsung Internet.

I'll try to screenshot it for you Screenshot_20230926_085811_Samsung Internet Beta.jpgScreenshot_20230926_085907_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
I have an ad blocker installed already. The problem is somehow PayPal app is capable of knowing what I'm doing in Samsung browser! The ad block is for websites its not to block other apps on your phone from spying on you!
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
This setting in the phone for instance that I found. Screenshot_20230926_115655_Android System.jpg
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
Over 33 thousand times in 1 week ain't that something!? Google sure is intrusive as heck!!Screenshot_20230926_120910_Samsung Internet.jpg
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
I would disable this. Also, I think you should be required to let users know that this type of setting exists.Screenshot_20230926_115655_Android System.jpg
0 Likes
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
I guess I will just use and make Tor my main browser.. This is just ridiculous now that my phone has to block mostly Google over 33 thousand times in 1 week alone!Screenshot_20230926_120910_Samsung Internet.jpg
0 Likes
BHW658
Halo
Options
Discussions
I'd be pist by anything that could possibly breach a banking/money app.

Ya know what else is crazy?
Having face to face private conversations with your idle phone nearby, then later on getting hit with ads about different products you mentioned in that private conversation.
Hmm... what ads would pop up if I had a lusty discussion with my lady?
There is no privacy anymore.