Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Secure Folder - Rearrange Icons

(Topic created: 09-21-2022 02:40 PM)
Options
Discussions
Has anyone figured out how to rearrange icons in the secure folder? Haven't been able to hide or rearrang since the first beta. Still can't.

I've tried the whole wiping cache thing. When I move them they just snap back into alphabetical order. 
6 Replies
never-reven
Comet
Options
Discussions
Sadly no.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @thenoseknows ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
dserodio
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

I sent such an error report (using stable OneUI 4.1, not beta), and the support representative replied that "this is a standard configuration and that it's not possible to change [the sort order]". I replied that I used to able to do this in previous versions of OneUI, so I'd like him to forward this report to the Samsung dev team, and he replied that "in this new version the apps are only sorted alphabetically and that it's not possible to sort them how I want". A very disappointing answer.

0 Likes
bpark32
Halo
Options
Discussions

I also cannot rearrange.  Didn't notice until I read this.  Also having an issue with the folder and browser in Secure Folder.  Using Samsung Internet Browser.  Sometimes when I open the folder, the folder goes full screen and the icons get super tiny.  Like it thinks I'm on a monitor.  I do use Dex while at work, but this is happening randomly at given times.  Not always after a fresh "disconnect" from cpu/Dex.  When this happens, if I open the browser, it too is in a similar format. Small fonts/pics on webpages, like it's the desktop version almost.

0 Likes
userzbhD3RZxsN
Constellation
Options
Discussions

The following is from Reddit for a setting on rearranging secure folder app icons :

EDIT: app drawer > three dots > sort > custom order > secure folder > rearrange

if you change it back to alphabetical order in the apps sort, you won't be able to rearrange it in the secure folder..

However on my S21 Ultra, I can only do the following, then I can rearrange icons  :

EDIT: app drawer > three dots > sort > custom order 

dserodio
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

This doesn't make any sense since it's possible to rearrange apps in normal folders even when Sort is set to Alphabetical order, but it actually works!

Thanks for sharing

0 Likes