Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Storage upgrade idea

(Topic created: 10-11-2021 04:24 AM)
Sakakawea
Comet
Options
Discussions
It would be nice if Samsung had a feature where a person can upgrade storage space on their phone.  
0 Likes
9 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Easier said than done. Their current phones don't and won't support storage upgrades unless they bring back sd card support
Sakakawea
Comet
Options
Discussions
I wish they did. That's the only thing I like about apple is that I can pay for upgrade for storage space with out having to get another iPad.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
You mean something like:

* Dismantle the phone

* De-solder the current chip from the mainboard

* Solder in the new (larger capacity) chip onto the mainboard

* Cross your fingers the phone boots up

Or maybe you want Samsung to reintroduce expandable microsd slots? šŸ‘ Don't bet on it

EDIT:
Or you can get an A72
Sakakawea
Comet
Options
Discussions
Yeah or they could do like a storage upgrade plan to where they offer more storage like for example 1TB.

I do use a lot of different storage apps currently on my phone due to me taking a whole lot of photos and videos.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Oh sure, an *external* storage device, but, not an internal "drive" šŸ™‚
Options
Discussions
Cloud storage is there
mizfitz13
Nebula
Options
Discussions
if you require physical copies, there are thumb drives that attach to your phone and also cloud. otherwise there are computers.
I haven't hit onboard storage limit even by a quarter on a Sammy for abt 5 years.
0 Likes
Sakakawea
Comet
Options
Discussions
I have pretty easily since I do take a lot of photos and videos. I do use other services to get more storage.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Sakakawea ,

Upgrading internal storage is not feasible. Only upgradable storage would be Samsung Cloud. 

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes