Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

This Beta was "fun", but never again.

(Topic created: 12-30-2021 06:43 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
This was my first android Beta. Decided the trade offs off full stability was ok to experience android 12 on my fold 3. I didn't realize I'd lose tap to pay via Google pay it. But I've lived with out it for years, so what was a month or two with out it gonna hurt. 

I miss it, terribly. 

I'm extremely disappointed to read today, 12-30-2020 Verizon customers have been receiving the stable update. While my unlocked device still shows "your software is up to date!" when checking. 

Isn't one of the benifits of being a lab rat beta testing software that you get priority stable update access?? 

Feel like it's a $1800 let down. I'm aware, I choose to enter the Beta, and can leave. Withdrawing and setting up my phone/accounts again isn't desirable. 

18 Replies
NateMS
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
All beta software has issues. Thats why it is in beta. You cannot blame Samsung for your own decision. They make it pretty clear to expect issues, it is the nature of betas. Unlocked devices always receive updates after all carrier versions are approved and rolled out due to unlocked devices being used on all networks. So, no, priority updates are not a benefit and it was never implied to be.
blambtn
Comet
Options
Discussions
It should be a priority for unlocked devices to get it first. Especially beta testers. Just saying.
sebas5287
Comet
Options
Discussions
I mean they usually get it the same day or 1 week off but remember the stable release had to be delayed cause of issues which was caused by the Google play system update.
blambtn
Comet
Options
Discussions
Understood. Just sucks. Still sitting here waiting.......
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
Re read the post.

I'm not up set at the software issues because of the beta.

I'm disappointed more over the fact unlocked devices that took part in the beta are watching carrier devices get the stable first.
blambtn
Comet
Options
Discussions
Same.
sebas5287
Comet
Options
Discussions
Already explained the reason why in this case was a delayed that's it.

Stldelsol
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I'm confused šŸ˜• did the beta cost 1800 or?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
Suppose the beta didn't no. But when purchasing an $1800 device, joining the Beta to watch other locked non Beta participating devices recieve the stable update makes it sorta feel that way.

I did acknowledge I willingly joined the beta on my own accord.

Still stinks.