Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Transition to Official Release

(Topic created: 10-08-2022 12:51 PM)
Options
Discussions
This is my first time participating in a OS Beta. When the official Android 13 One UI is released, will the people in the beta program get it automatically or do we need to wait for the carrier release? TMO is super slow, and usually dead last with their releases, so I hope not! 
0 Likes
12 Replies
youu
Comet
Options
Discussions
If your locked with a carrier you get it first, unlocked gets it last
Options
Discussions
I have had both locked and unlocked. TMo is just slow either way. So will we be notified when the beta program is complete so we don't expect further betas?
0 Likes
Jerechas37
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
usually you're not notified you're going to get an update to it the same time everyone else gets the official release as it always has been... I use T-Mobile as well and whether unlocked or Carrier lock I've always had the update real quick it's not considered a regular monthly security update it's a full on system update
Jerechas37
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
you will get the official software update from beta the same time that the official release comes out for everyone else, only differences instead of a big file size our update from beta will be smaller due to already be running a beta version and it will just bring us to a stable
jimmyweda
Comet
Options
Discussions
In that case I might withdraw from the beta as soon as I hear it's coming. I'd rather have a full clean install. 😁
Jerechas37
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
that's weird but whatever that be your decision personally but it comes to the same thing cuz it's going to be on the same software, plus I'd rather not have to back up everything go back to regular just to get back to the same step you would be if you just upgraded from the beta to the official update
Options
Discussions
Just clear the cache partition
0 Likes
mari7768
Explorer
Options
Discussions
It wouldn't matter if u withdrew from beta .unfortunately depending on phone u still will have the
Ui5.0 beta ...UNLESS u backed up all your data to a PC.then if im NOT mistaken it goes back to ui4.0.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions
Correct and thanks for the information and feedback
0 Likes