Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Visual bug

(Topic created: 10-12-2021 07:07 AM)
Sk3l3wo1f
Comet
Options
Discussions
Home screen and lock screen pixels change colors as in my walpaper on my home screen lost half of its color turned it green and lock screen is default live wallpaper and could see random colored pixel squares and a massive bright purple bar this is 2 times it happened restarting the phone is the only fix. Haven't dropped, spilled, put in water or did anything that could of done this so if it breaks over the beta samsung should be the one to replace my phone after all this never happened before I joined beta 
0 Likes
6 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
You're on a beta ... you should expect issues like this

If you reboot and the issue goes away, it's not a hardware issue, so wouldn't be a "it's Samsung's fault so buy me a new phone" situation.

If it's that much of a bother, the best thing to do is Withdraw from the beta and Downgrade back to Android 11 /One UI 3.x
Sk3l3wo1f
Comet
Options
Discussions
Just like GPU shorting out over the game new world both sides game and gpu makers didn't know. All I was trying to say is IF my phone dies from an unknown issue that isn't known in the phone yet samsung immediately should take responsibility over the issue(if phone dies from the beta) and send a replacement
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
I understand your perspective.

Did you read the "Terms". I assume "no".

Snippets:

Samsung shall not be responsible for any such loss of data, any damages or any loss arising out of your use of the Beta.

... and later ...

Limitation of Liability
SAMSUNG WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE BETA, ITS CONTENT OR FUNCTIONALITY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES CAUSED BY OR RELATED TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DEFECTS, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, FAILURE TO CONNECT, NETWORK CHARGES, AND ALL OTHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES EVEN IF SAMSUNG HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
And the important statement:

BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS OR BY INSTALLING THE BETA OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, INCLUDING ARBITRATION AND OP-OUT PROVISIONS SET OUT AT SECTION 14, ā€œDISPUTE RESOLUTION,ā€ BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, THEN DO NOT INSTALL THE BETA OR PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM.
chaks
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
If you are concerned, you should withdraw from beta and go back to official builds.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Sk3l3wo1f ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Beta Program doesn't affect Samsung warranty of the device itself, If your device is covered under warranty you can still reach out to us for replacement.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes