Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

WIFI/GATEWAY RESET

(Topic created: 09-22-2021 11:56 AM)
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
When I signed up for the beta I expected some phone bugs, but not my entire network to be turned off and reset several times an hour. Sure I get the phone might not work and have a few bugs, I signed up for that... but when it renders your entire home network inoperable... that's like buying a new mattress for your bed and your house burns down...what the **bleep**?

Is anyone else having network troubles? Is Samsung recognizing network troubles?

I've tried all the app clearing and cache wiping and restarting and yappity yap, but feel free to lay it on me...
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
There's no question it's the phone.. it's just getting someone to believe you.. and not have them second-guess your setup assuming it's something you did when everything worked fine right up until the beta and works fine when the phone Wi-Fi is off.. I captured the event with Wireshark and I'm not sure what I'm looking at but it seemed to show a lot of red text for Facebook and Amazon IP addresses.. I don't know what I'm talking about but could be some apps keep hitting the Wi-Fi with bad protocols and basically just loop time out the router? I'm just talking **bleep** but trying to describe what's going on...
0 Likes
userpRhgXeMoOg
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Yep, definitely the beta. Went from never having a wifi disconnect to having multiple an hour after the update.
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
as I'm reviewing my Wireshark log of the event, I see a bunch of Facebook IPS, I'm not certain what I'm looking at and the text is all redlined and shows many hits to the Facebook IP address... I see other IP addresses popping up red line as well, too many to track all down, but the Facebook one popped up obviously the majority of times.. I don't know if something's going out can't connect and starts looping or what...

it gets going into some handshaking loop that it can't complete and eventually the gateway just shuts down and resets.. almost like a Ddos attack from your own phone. of course the Wireshark records thousands of logged events, so you can't just kind of glance at it and find the one thing that went wrong
0 Likes
LIGHTNING144
Explorer
Options
Discussions
The issue seems to be that this app or service is in the beta

wcmCHINAurlsnetworkstack

You'll see it under apps
Show all apps
Type in network
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @MWS2022 ,

We have received your error report and provided logs to our R & D for analysis.  In mean time, Please check if  your router has a firmware update. You may also try safe mode to see if it being caused by a 3rd party app.

1. Press and hold the Power button and Volume down button (right edge) until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release.

2. Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release.

3. To confirm, tap Safe mode. The process may take up to 30 seconds to complete.  

Upon reboot, 'Safe mode' appears in the lower-left of the unlock / Home screen

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions

Ok phone in safe mode...will see if network crashes.

If it is a bad app or several? how do we find them? people have dozens of apps and most probably hit the internet at some point.

**It's been two  four hours, no network crashes...cautiously optimistic...usually happens by now...will repost after more time passes

MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions

Ok, it's been about six hours on safe mode--no network crashes, resets, drops etc...network is doing fine.  In the past with phone WIFI on it would have crashed several times or at least once by now.  It is a very reliable crash event even if the timing appears random.  

Assuming safe mode has turned off a "bad app"...how do we troubleshoot/find the bad app(s) other than by tedious trial and error..."delete app, wait for random network failure, delete another app, wait for failure...etc" or is there some way to discover the app(s) that are crashing the network with some tool or system app?  There is no obvious activity on the phone when it happens...the network just goes down.  You turn off the phone WIFI and the network either pops back up in a few seconds or it resets completely.  It would be nice to see what apps are hitting the internet prior to the event.

0 Likes
userW5Fo7XCTa7
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Any luck finding out what's been causing it yet?
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
have you tried safe mode wi-fi? did this matter?
all this technology is just a giant house of cards built on other houses of cards. then you got to change the bottom House of cards somehow without wrecking the top layer of cards.
0 Likes
userW5Fo7XCTa7
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Having the same issue, would say this should be labeled a 'Tier 1' issue with it's ability to knock your entire home network off kilter. Has anyone found how to fix the issue temporarily outside of just using mobile data?