Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Wait for the GA release

(Topic created: 11-10-2021 10:26 AM)
Chrisrj8084
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I know that no more betas are coming but kinda **bleep** having to wait for the official release to get bugs fixed and such.

Thankfully our phones are still usable, I know that's what we signed up for but I was thinking the final beta would be a release candidate. Last year with the s20 line the final android 11 beta was great
17 Replies
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Discussions
supposedly coming out in mid-november or a little more and Good Lock in december
0 Likes
iiDark
Comet
Options
Discussions
I feel like it was going to be a final beta release but they somewhere along the lines decided for it to be the first official release. Because I read two different moderator comments, one stating that there would be no more beta releases, and the other stating that they were preparing the beta for S20 devices next. Both being said like last week. So I'm pretty sure that even after this "official release" coming probably next week, they will probably still be adding features and fixing things even after it's publicly available. I feel like with Android 11, they were adding features and it was changing throughout the whole cycle of oneui 3. So it may be the same way here.
0 Likes
TheFamilyMan
Comet
Options
Discussions
That's why they're called UPDATES!
0 Likes
iiDark
Comet
Options
Discussions
Not every software update has consisted of feature upgrades and such, which is what I'm referencing in my initial reply. Not sure what other reason you would reply with this other than you trying to be a smart a$$.

You seem to be very aggressive towards the initial post as well for absolutely no reason as the guy never said anything about not knowing what a beta consists of and was simply stating a few things and implying he's also grateful that it at least works stable enough to wait for the official release. That it's just a pain and the final build they expected to seem more stable.
Chrisrj8084
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Thanks, couldn't have said it better. Unsure why he responded that way
0 Likes
iiDark
Comet
Options
Discussions
No problem buddy I'm not sure either.....
0 Likes
Doctor3825
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
It does seem like they're should have been one more beta. Even if that beta ended up barely changing for the GA. I'd rather test it knowing that the candidate for final release is actually gonna be good. As it stands now all we have a beta release I don't feel is ready for general users.
0 Likes
TheFamilyMan
Comet
Options
Discussions
Trurhfully, there aren't any major bugs in this Beta release. This Android 12 release is FAR BETTER than Android 11 ever was. What are you doing to your device that you're here complaining?

Most of the bugs WERE addressed in Beta release 4. Wouldn't it be wise to state exactly what your gripe is about instead of being so VAGUE? What do people expect? If you're so unhappy there's always the fruity phone which is a step backward compared to anything Samsung has released. Every one of their "new features" have been on Samsung devices for YEARS.

There are clearly people who shouldn't be Beta Testers. There should be requirements that need to be met in order to apply for Beta Testing. But that's one of the beautiful things about owning a Samsung device, they're inclusive!

I haven't seen one other manufacturer offer open Beta Testing, EVER. You should be thankful you're actually testing this pre-released version before it's release to the general public. Let alone testing pre-released software on prior devices.
Doctor3825
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
That last point isn't true at all. Apple offers open beta testing, let's people join for much longer, doesn't let carriers block you from accessing it, and let's all old devices join it at the same time as the newest. Their beta program is far better than samsungs.

You're other points still stand though.
0 Likes