JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What is the build number for Beta?

(Topic created: 09-27-2023 07:41 PM)
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Discussions

Can you please tell me what build number is the beta? 

14 Replies
Solution
Options
Discussions
This is an unlocked S22 Ultra on T-Mobile's network just for referenceScreenshot_20230927_084441_Settings.jpg
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Discussions
K, thanks. I believe this confims that's definitely not coming to tmobile locked devices this year since there is no Z build on the server for them yet. The y usually appear on the server at least several days before release
Options
Discussions
Ahh, total bummer dude. I would have thought for sure that at least T-Mobile locked devices would have gotten it. T-Mobile is the best when it comes to rolling out betas. I was given the banner pretty much immediately after it dropped and even was able to start the first thread on members about the beta getting pushed to unlock Samsung S22 Ultras on T-Mobile. Then a couple days later the AT&t and Verizon guys got it. That's a little strange to me that just because you're locked to T-Mobile they would refuse to let you access the beta. Maybe because of security reasons? Betas are much less secure so maybe they just don't want to have to deal with people being able to find ways to exploit it and unlock their phone off of T-Mobile which would be effectively stealing the phone from T-Mobile. That's the only reason I could think of for them to not let locked phones access it.
I mean I won't lie dude, it's pretty cool but I mean it's been less than a week and I'm over it already. The newness factor has worn off big time and the bugs are showing themselves and it's starting to get a little bit annoying with certain things but I don't honestly think you're missing too much I have contemplated downgrading on two separate occasions already in just a few days I've been on it. The biggest change in the entire OS is the full pulldown quick settings and it's not even that great. You can't change a lot of the tiles that are there You have less control on the beta than you do on one UI 5 They just made some of the frequently used buttons bigger and tweak to the layout a little bit and the system has a new font that I actually really like, it's much nicer than the standard Android font and even nicer than Samsung sans it's really a great font but other than that and some really small improvements here and there and a **bleep** of a lot of bugs there's nothing you're missing so don't feel too bad about it. Also it's 100% confirmed that the stable version is coming out at the end of October so you don't have long before you will have the option to get it anyway. I understand the inconvenience of being excluded from something big like a beta program for a new one UI, I would be upset too but at the same time I promise you would get sick of it within two or three days and it would just be a regular OS again that just has a lot of bugs and a lot of your apps won't work and you'll just have to deal with it or downgrade. I'm one of the luckier ones where most of my apps work and all of my system apps work except for the ones Samsung disabled like most of the good luck modules but I don't have any of the camera issues that a lot of people have or system UI issues there's like hundreds of bugs that have been reported on the S22 beta It's unprecedented how many bugs there are in this beta specifically like way more than any other Samsung beta in the past and the fact that everybody seems to have a different bug than each other is a little worrying. There's no consistency whatsoever except for the camera bug lots of people had the camera bug but that was fixable through recovery mode other than that though it seems like every single person has a unique bug that is only affecting them which is scary. It shows that Samsung has put such little effort into the S22 version of the beta while the S23 Ultra is already on its final beta and as far as I know it's polished and pretty much perfect. Even though Samsung loves to advertise how many years of updates they'll support for your phone if you buy their flagship, when it comes down to it they always put their effort into their newest flagship and they kind of just throw the leftovers at last year's flagship which is us and we're left with a mess while if an S23 user reports a bug, It's pretty much InstaFixed. If you haven't gotten it, you're not going to get it since stable is so close around the corner. I believe you're correct and locked phones won't get it. Sorry about that my man
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Yeah it's no problem, I was just curious. Last year I was able to participate with the same device. That's the strange part
Options
Discussions
Yeah I've heard that from a few people now. There's actually a whole thread of T-Mobile users with locked S22 Ultras that are sitting there patiently waiting with each other for the beta and I just had to go there and let them know that they aren't getting it. There's even one guy in there with an unlocked S22 Ultra and he hasn't gotten the beta he said but I'm sure that's user error because it was stated very clearly that if you haven't gotten the beta on the unlocked version you need to uninstall members completely then reinstall it then manually go to notices and sign up for it, there will be no banner or notification letting you know about it You have to actively find it in notices.
And as far as you getting the beta 5 last year, that would be a T-Mobile thing like T-Mobile changed their control over betas on locked phones, I know Samsung doesn't give a **bleep** which version S22 Ultra gets it They have no control over that the carrier has control once Samsung releases it so it's probably just T-Mobile getting stricter.
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Agreed. Like I say, I'm not worried about it I was just curious. I can wait lol
Cyndee137
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
It's terrible! F*cked my S22 ultra up bad!
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Not happening to most people. You must have had an incompatible Good lock module or something
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Question sir, I saw your other post but it won't let me comment on it. I have the Denali case, is the Copenhagen thinner than it?
0 Likes