cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

WhatsApp sound notifications not working?

(Topic created: 10-23-2021 07:34 AM)
Jodagr
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Anyone else not getting sound notifications from WhatsApp messages?  I get the notification in status bar but no sound.  I uninstalled and reinstalled.  I'm getting sound from other messaging apps so I'm not sure if factory reset will do anything.  Running latest beta of WhatsApp and latest beta 3 of Android 12. 
0 Likes
5 Replies
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions

check the apps specific notification properties and the events you wish your notifications on.. my email was silent, I looked into it and the inbox event was set for alert/notification but the sound was set on silent.  i chose a sound for the event and it worked.

0 Likes
Jodagr
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
All settings were showing correctly, still doesn't work
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Jodagr ,

Please try toggling notification settings for whatsapp from settings - apps - whataspp -notifications

If issue persists, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Jodagr
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Thank you, I tried toggling off and back on and didn't help. I submitted error report
0 Likes
Jodagr
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
The latest beta of WhatsApp fixed the sound error. Didn't do anything additional but started to work again after latest beta of WhatsApp was installed. The previous WhatsApp beta had no issues with beta 2 of Android 12 and sound stopped working on beta 3. It's interesting running beta apps and beta operating system.. Thanks to all that responded.
0 Likes