Hello @midimench ,
Please erase the device cache using steps below. If issue persists, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
- Press Side key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
- When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Side key to restart the device.
One UI Beta Team
Same problem here. Also, Try covering your front facing camera and doing a search, it won't let you. Almost makes me think they wanna see who is searching what. Big Brother is watching your every move.
Oddly, when I cover the front camera I am able to type on the keyboard until I am done. However, when I uncover the front camera I am only allowed to type one letter then the keyboard disappears. **bleep**
Just upgraded from my S9+ (a truly great phone) to an S21 fe 5G. From the start I had the same problem with the Google search. Finally today I found a suggested fix, and I went into settings and turned off the Battery Power Saving mode and the problem went away immediately. Not sure what I'm giving up with the Power Saving off, but whatever it is it's better than the frustration of dealing with the Google search glitch.
I tried clearing the cache as described above and it did not work. However, turning off the Battery Power Saving mode worked perfectly.
Also, (I did this before I turned off the power saving mode) I discovered covering the front facing camera while I typed did not cause the keyboard to disappear. I could complete my searchterm as long as the camera was covered.