Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Wifi issues

(Topic created: 09-25-2021 01:23 PM)
Mac2vd
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
My Netgear Nighthawk RX 120 Router is somehow affected by my Galaxy S21 Ultra. Since I've owned this phone, I have noticed moderate slowing, and a reboot of the router usually corrected the problem. After the One UI 4.0 update, it started becoming more regular and severe. Yesterday, my wife was having severe slowing issues while doing her data entry work. I rebooted the router 3 times with no positive results. I left the house to pick my son up from school, and when I returned, my wife said, you are the problem. She told me that when I was gone, her computer worked flawlessly and when I returned it started slowing down again. I then turned off my phone, and the issues with the wifi were gone. Has anyone else experienced this or similar issues? I will be sending Samsung an error report, but I first wanted to see if this is a known problem. 
22 Replies
never-reven
Comet
Options
Discussions
Do you have MAC randomization on for your phone?
Mac2vd
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Yes I do
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
I don't use that feature, for this very issue
Leify
Comet
Options
Discussions
I only use it on certain public networks where I feel a genuine risk might be had and it could actually be necessary because it creates issues with how your device can be handled under normal conditions outside of anything that may have been added by beta related bugs.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions

Understood.

We are in rural America, so *never* anywhere near public networks šŸ™‚
0 Likes
Claykin
Comet
Options
Discussions
RAX120? Check netgear site for a firmware update. Especially if you have V1 hardware, that model has gone through many firmware revisions to improve performance and fix bugs.
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
I've had the exact same problems with my Arris gateway.. look at some of my posts...
Mac2vd
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I read the posts on your link, and there are many similarities, but I think your issues are worse. All I have to do is turn off the wifi on my phone and use data instead. I will be sending an error report and hope Samsung will address the problem.
Thanks
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
yes, if I shut off my phone Wi-Fi then my network comes back online after a while. data always works on the phone fine, Wi-Fi works fine too right up until when it resets the network. I think the takeaway is--what is different about the beta that sends out some signal that resets entire home networks??
Wi-Fi works fine in safe mode, so that seems to make it a third party app...

how do we track down that third party app? and or what did the beta do to those third-party apps that don't allow them to connect to the internet?