JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Withdraw from beta after reinstall

(Topic created: 09-23-2021 10:51 AM)
coffee1978
Halo
Options
Discussions

Hi, I reverted back to OneUI 3.1/Android 11 using SmartSwitch.  I did not click the Withdraw on Samsung Members though.

Now, the beta is not even mentioned in my Samsung Members app so I cannot withdraw, and the phone keeps keeps trying to download the beta again.

How can I withdraw?

0 Likes
10 Replies
Solution
coffee1978
Halo
Options
Discussions

I simply did a full SmartSwitch backup to my PC (plus Samsung Cloud & Google One sync+backups), upgraded to the 12 beta, withdrew in Samsung Members and reinstalled the Android 11 UH9 build. After reinstall, did restores and reinstalls.  A 3 hour chore. 

Extremely frustrating, and extremely unnecessary as far as I'm concerned.  When I opted-in to the beta under stock Android 11, Samsung Members still gave me the option to Withdraw while the update was pushed to my phone and eventually installed. There is no reason why that same one menu option could not be enabled in Samsung Members when it sees I am already enrolled in the beta.  I have been involved in all of the Samsung betas since the S6, so I do not need the 'wellll ackshually youuu should know betas are like thissssss. I am a haXX0r' talk that others seem intent on replying.  This is a simple, yet missing, feature as far as I am concerned.  </rant>

0 Likes