cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Make app badge count persistent Note 20 Ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Issue: If I hit clear from the notification swipe down but I haven't actually looked at the notification (e.g. the text message, email, etc. is still unread), I want the app badge to still have the count displayed. Furthermore, if I go in and read an email but set it to unread, I want the app badge to still reflect the number of unread emails.

From what I've found it seems that some launcher used to have that feature but based on the reviews this feature is broken. I'm currently trying the Microsoft Launcher but it doesn't appear to work or I'm not finding the setting. Basically, I'd like the badge count functionality of an iphone. I had resolved this issue on my Note 9 but I don't remember how I did it. Help would be appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Make app badge count persistent Note 20 Ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately that is an Android feature that disappeared from Android several revisions ago. With it removed from Android it disappeared from the interface. It wasn't a Samsung decision. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately that is an Android feature that disappeared from Android several revisions ago. With it removed from Android it disappeared from the interface. It wasn't a Samsung decision. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's what I gathered from what I found but an Android form was laying the blame with the phone manufacturer. Android is open source, right? I guess I can try digging through the cod eto try to figure out a solution that way but I really don't want/don't have the time to do that. Wish at least the gmail, outlook, and text meessage apps had this feature. The others I could do without I guess.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks