Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Bluetooth audio playback pausing every few minutes

(Topic created: 10-29-2021 10:33 AM)
DALPORTODEV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

Environment: S21 ultra US snapdragon variant One UI 4 beta 3 November security patch update

Bug: Bluetooth audio playback pausing every few minutes

Steps:

1. Connect Bluetooth audio device (tested with Galaxy buds pro, live, and pixel buds)

2. Begin playback in Google podcasts, Google music, or even youtube.

3. Multitask in other apps or leave the screen off for 5-10+ minutes

Observe:

1. Playback will pause and user has to manually start playback again

6 Replies
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @DALPORTODEV ,

Please navigate to settings - apps - "app name" -  Battery and change to unrestricted. If issue persists, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

DALPORTODEV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
So Samsung app killing might be too aggressive so we have to manually whitelist each app we don't want to be killed???? Seems like one UI beta team should build in an automatic whitelist of the most popular apps at the least.

Thanks I will try this manually for now for each of my audio apps - i.e. Google podcasts, YouTube music, YouTube, Calm, and more.
0 Likes
DALPORTODEV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I have verified this to be still reproducible after the following tweaks above applied. An error report has been generated under beta feedback.
0 Likes
userHjOm4Bo8Ct
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
My YouTube has been shutting off after the screen goes off. I have premium so this shouldn't affect the playing. I also have to restart it when using my Galaxy Buds. I'll switch to unrestricted and see if it works.
DALPORTODEV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Yes sounds like identical bug. You should click submit error report in Samsung members app to send them more logs. This is a nasty bug.
DALPORTODEV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I have continued to reproduce this bug daily on the attached software build. Happens when watching video apps or listening to music/podcasts with screen off.Screenshot_20211107-151347_Settings_4921.jpg
0 Likes