Original topic:

Downgrade not appearing

(Topic created: 08-12-2023 12:35 AM)
St_Schw
Asteroid
Options
Questions

Hi,
I joined and withdrew from the One UI 6 beta yesterday and was expecting to get a downgrade option on the Smart-Switch app on my PC. But it isn't showing. The upgrade happened within minutes but it's now been more than 12 hours waiting for the downgrade.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

8 Replies
Options
Questions
Did they ever mention whether the "downgrade" option would show within Smart Switch? If so, that's cool but I thought in order to downgrade, you'd need to do so within their Odin Software? Let me know if you figure it out 🙏🏽
SyCoREAPER
Comet
Options
Questions
Might take a bit for their systems to catch up and see your withdrawal. Probably getting slammed with people joining
0 Likes
St_Schw
Asteroid
Options
Questions

Good point - I'll give it another day... In the meantime, I saw the FAQ saying to use SmartSwitch on Windows, so that's what I'm waiting to do. Not familiar with Odin but it doesn't sound like an official route...

0 Likes
Options
Questions
Odin is samsung official software but it's for sure going to wipe your phone to factory unless you know what you're doing
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,
Thank you for your Feedback.

Please let us know if you have any issues with downgrading.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
St_Schw
Asteroid
Options
Questions

Hi,

Thanks for jumping in.

Yes, I'm still having issues with the downgrade. I withdrew from the Beta program on Sunday and still am not getting a "Downgrade" button in SmartSwitch on Windows.

I've checked that i have the latest version installed but that's not the issue. As the FAQ says to use SmartSwitch, that's what I'm relying on and waiting to see progress....

0 Likes
Tomjr78
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

no downgrade option after withdrawl

0 Likes
St_Schw
Asteroid
Options
Questions

So, days later, a solution appeared on the German community forums. I've performed the steps and am now back on v5.1 but seriously unimpressed about Samsung's handling of this issue. But life goes on....

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/diskussionen/s23-beta-oneui6-downgrade-geht-nicht/td-p/7967339/p...

0 Likes