Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Downgrade.

(Topic created: 09-20-2021 06:34 AM)
TMoney40
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Can I downgrade using Smart Switch without opting out of the beta program?
0 Likes
4 Replies
TopherLee
Galaxy
Options
Questions
No... You would have to opt out, in order to let Samsung Servers know to release the previous version to your device. I'm pretty sure they (when you opt in/out) know what the specs of your device are, imei, etc; and when you connect to Smart Switch. If you don't opt-out, the servers won't download the previous version...
0 Likes
TMoney40
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Smart Switch is giving me the option to downgrade, but it doesn't say I have to opt out.
0 Likes
bluefire
Comet
Options
Questions
From the FAQ

11. How do I remove the beta software?

1. To withdraw from the Beta program, you must apply for withdrawal through Samsung Members application on your device.

("Settings > One UI Beta Program status > Withdraw" menu)

2. To remove the beta software, perform a rollback to the previous release version, using the Smart Switch PC Version on your computer. The rollback resets the device and removes data generated during beta testing.

Note: If you backed up your device data to your computer with Smart Switch, you can restore the data after the rollback process. To perform the rollback, connect the device to your computer with a USB cable. On the computer, launch the Smart Switch application, and select "Downgrade".

If you need assistance having your software rolled back to the latest approved version you can call us at 1-800-726-7864 and request the location to the nearest Service Center.

0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @TMoney40 ,

You could downgrade from smart switch with out opting beta program. Please note that this does keep your device registered for Beta updates. When official version is released by carrier, you will be updating through beta releases to Final S/W and not directly from Android 11 to Final S/W. Ex as in below. 

Smart switch (No opt out): Beta S/W 1 ->  Android 11- > Beta S/W 1 -> Beta S/W 2->....->Official Android 12

Smart switch (With opt out): Beta S/W 1 -> Android 11 -> Official Android 12.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes