Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Downgrade

(Topic created: 08-11-2023 08:58 PM)
Bayo
Asteroid
Options
Questions
How exactly does one downgrade from One One UI 6 to the version before (One UI 5.1). I withdrew from the beta program but there's not any option in the settings >> updates 
0 Likes
6 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Questions
Have to use Smart Switch on a PC, if it'll let you, thats how
Bayo
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Thanks
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

You can deregister from the beta program from Samsung member’s app -> settings -> one Ui Beta program status -> Withdraw. Once withdrawn you can download smart switch on the PC and restore to Android 13.
Please back up all data on your device before using smart switch to move back to Android 14 as this does reset the phone. if you do choose to move to Android 13 , we suggest you backup all your device data and master reset on Android 14 and try if for a few days. If issues are still not resolved, you always have the choice to withdraw and move back to Android 13

Regards
One UI Beta Team.

0 Likes
acuik2010
Asteroid
Options
Questions

This process does not work. I am not able to get downgrade option even after withdrawing from Beta and turning off Auto Locker. please help as Beta software has made my device very unstable

0 Likes
Members_j4Gq6DW
Asteroid
Options
Questions

Dear One UI Beta Team, your instructions are incomplete.  You cannot downgrade from 6.0 (even after a full factory reset) until you disable the new auto blocker module in beta 6 that prohibits downloading an app via the USB port.  Auto blocker appears to be off, but click it and the two switches in the sub folder, including blocking apps from downloading via USB are grayed out and enabled by default.  Auto blocker must be turned ON so that the aforementioned sub switches can be turned OFF.  Then, turn the main auto blocker switch OFF and go back into Smart Switch and hit "downgrade".  Now, 5.1 can load, after which the PC backup of the phone can be restored to the phone. 

0 Likes
acuik2010
Asteroid
Options
Questions

I am still not having any luck regarding this. even after following these instructions. no matter what I do I am unable to get Downgrade Option

0 Likes