Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 5 pro One UI 6 beta problem, need help

(Topic created: 08-06-2024 12:00 PM)
BigTimeNY1
Asteroid
Options
Questions

Help, I did the questionnaire for the one UI6 beta program and enrolled. I downloaded one or three apps I don't remember that were beta apps I believe to help the one UI 6 function on my watch. The problem is when I did the download to the watch it would not copy over after downloading, after multiple tries of downloading and automatic copying a files would not work I unenrolled in the program and deleted the apps that I need for my watch to work correctly the beta apps. I believe one was watch manager Samsung health and one other one I don't remember and there may have been another. The problem is after I unenrolled from it somehow after all of that my watch finally did the update and copied all the files over so now I have one UI six beta on my watch with no supporting apps for it since I had deleted them because I unenrolled in the program. I tried to reset the watch and also factory reset the watch hoping I could get the original one UI version back and that did not work. Is there any way for me to download the previous version of one UI back to my watch or is there any way for me to get those beta versions of the apps I had previously downloaded back on to my phone? It's killing my watch battery quickly and it's very buggy now.

0 Likes
5 Replies
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Questions

The only way is to flash the previous firmware by going to an authorized Samsung dealer or using tools not allowed to be discussed here but can be found on xda. Otherwise you will now have to wait for the official oneui6 to be released. Fyi, there was only one app you should have downloaded, not all 3. Also, placing the watch on the charger enables wifi connection and the watch will use that connection to update instead over Bluetooth beings wifi is faster and more reliable.

0 Likes
BigTimeNY1
Asteroid
Options
Questions

Thanks for the reply. I have developer mode and getting there I can turn off automatic WiFi so if I need something to download quickly I just go to that and my internet connection will be instant instead of putting it on the charger.

0 Likes
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @BigTimeNY1,

Thank you for your participation in Beta program.

We are sorry to hear from you that your device started updating the Beta firmware after you've unenrolled from the program. Normally, we recommend the users to backup all the data before starting Beta (Since reinstallation/ rollback is not supported after withdrawal) or visiting Service center to force rollback. 

You may try flashing to the previous firmware from the public resources, as @MarvinMod2 suggested, but your device would most likely fail to flash due to "unsupported rollback condition", which requires more assistance from the Service center. 

At this time, there is no other way to download the Beta apps (Samsung Health, Galaxy Wearable Manager4/5/6 <- you probably downloaded 1 of this app based on your Model) other than to wait for the official version release (which could be several weeks to months from now) or to rollback to official / previous firmware (One UI 5) to download the official Galaxy Wearable / Manager app.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during the Beta program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
BigTimeNY1
Asteroid
Options
Questions

Everything was backed up but there is no way to roll back the firmware for me. And since this watch is not under warranty anymore, I can't just go to the Samsung repair center and have this fixed for free even though this was not my fault it was due to a beta firmware glitch. I tried to reset the watch I tried to factory reset the watch I tried to restore from backup. Nothing will roll back the firmware. And I don't feel like I should have to pay the repair center to put the original firmware back on when this was not my fault.

0 Likes
Pacl05
Constellation
Options
Questions

Hello How can I enroll with Samsung Members app if my phone is not a Samsung (apk cannot be installed)? I have a galaxy watch 4 with battery issue... Maybe new firmware can help.

0 Likes