Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Google Messages

(Topic created: 08-07-2022 06:07 PM)
smbj_1005
Comet
Options
Questions
Has Google Messages been affected by the update? It disconnected on my phone, now it's stuck on "Setting up"
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TheNewsHQ
Comet
Options
Questions
I've had the same issue, what I did that fixed it was to go to the SIM card settings turn off your SIM card leave it off for a few seconds kill the Google Messages app, turn back on the SIM card and it should say connected within a few seconds

View solution in context

12 Replies
userMVmlFKm9Lf
Constellation
Options
Questions
Having a similar issue mine is stuck on connecting. It works for a while after reboot but then flakes out.
0 Likes
Solution
TheNewsHQ
Comet
Options
Questions
I've had the same issue, what I did that fixed it was to go to the SIM card settings turn off your SIM card leave it off for a few seconds kill the Google Messages app, turn back on the SIM card and it should say connected within a few seconds
bluefire
Comet
Options
Questions
This is the way
cchat9000
Comet
Options
Questions
Worked for me thank you!
djtheraven
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
When you reboot does it disconnect because mine does and then I have to repeat disconnecting the SIM card to make it work again every time I reboot
0 Likes
smbj_1005
Comet
Options
Questions
Having the same issue. At least we know what to do now after a reboot and Google Messages gets disconnected. Just repeat the whole process.
0 Likes
Ivy67
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Yes, how can I leave the beta program.
0 Likes
TheNewsHQ
Comet
Options
Questions
No need to leave the beta for this, I posted above the fix for it
jharr4
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I am having the same issue as well. It was connected but the messages were not getting sent, had to switch to sms. Restarted phone and now it just says connecting
0 Likes