cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

New button for Remote Support above the "About Phone" button in settings?

(Topic created: 09-21-2021 08:33 AM)
userQCe6lZIorW
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I was customizing my S21 Ultra "Factory unlocked by Samsung," (SM-G998U1/DS) in the settings menu. While scrolling down I noticed a new button named "Remote Support". This is making me very nervous as I didn't install it and when I click it it just says "Installing Applications....". I would appreciate some clarity if at all possible. Anyone else seeing this button?

Cover image

Beta One UI 4 is great but this is sus, please take a look in your settings and see if you have it too. I'm **bleep**g out because I couldn't find a single result on google to mention.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Options
Questions
I see this setting but it's not in about phone it's in tips. And you have to install the remote app for it to work. So I wouldn't be too nervous about that. Plus android 12 by default males you have to allow and such connections
0 Likes
userQCe6lZIorW
Astronaut
Options
Questions
Sorry to bother you again but do you know where I can get the tips app again? I bet that's what caused it. I won't be deleting tips again. Tips isn't showing up inPackage Name Viewer so...
0 Likes
userQCe6lZIorW
Astronaut
Options
Questions
Thanks for the quick response this has kept me awake all night monitoring everything I could think of. That makes sense though. Or at least I hope it would ask first. I manually Uninstaller tips. I wonder if it just did some thing funky and put the option in my settings list? Idk but I never seen this option. Also why wouldn't it show up on any searches? I also have "show hidden apps" checked. Bt your response was very appreciated 👏
0 Likes
Options
Questions
I don't see a way to get tips back as it was a app that came with the original software file. Ill continue to look and get back to you
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @userQCe6lZIorW ,

You can find remote support in settings -> Tips and help. Last option would be remote support. It installs/updates an app called smart tutor which can be used for supporting remotely. If it makes you sleep better, you can go to settings -> apps -> search for smart tutor and uninstall it.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

0 Likes
Options
Questions
I don't see remote support.
0 Likes
userQCe6lZIorW
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I figured it out. It was my bad. I can't say why here but it's resolved. Long story short, don't disable or uninstall sticker related apps. It will freak out the camera app and will suffer performance while trying to work it out.
0 Likes