Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Scam calls

(Topic created: 12-03-2021 01:37 PM)
StannFresh
Galaxy
Options
Questions
I want to address this. Samsung has this feature; I turned it on on my phone since day 1. I didn't use to get scam calls like this; I don't know if it's the beta 3 on my fold, but I've been getting scam calls like crazy, probably about 4 - 5 calls a Day. That's annoying knowing that the feature on my phone supposed to block them automatically, and I believe it's not the beta as my S21 Ultra still getting scam calls, but I get more on my fold which I'm using the beta on
0 Likes
4 Replies
StannFresh
Galaxy
Options
Questions
?Screenshot_20211202-143405_Call settings_26514_1638473645.jpgScreenshot_20211202-143333_Call_26508_1638473613.jpg
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @StannFresh ,

It is very unlikely that it is due to Beta software. More likely it is due to spam calls coming from newer number that are not in Hiya database.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

StannFresh
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Ok please add them, as they're too annoying
0 Likes
The_Chief
Comet
Options
Questions
Responsibility to block known spam & scam calls also lies with the carrier and the user. I use nomorobo to block potential spam calls and route them to voicemail (in case it's a legitimate call, I can call back).

There are plenty of VOIP numbers available, however: scammers buy hundreds of numbers at a time, and their computers are calling thousands of people as fast as possible. It's unlikely we'll ever be able to block everything... so we do what we can.
0 Likes