Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

So...I may have messed up really bad

(Topic created: 10-06-2021 07:20 PM)
Batfone
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I downloaded the beta and backed up my phone through Samsung cloud. I didn't know that you should do it through Smart Switch. So my question is, if I withdraw from the beta will everything be erased?
0 Likes
4 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Questions
I've heard you can't restore data backed up while you used the beta software..

You should've backed up before you installed the beta. You can however revert to any saved backup on One UI 3 or older.

But! You can backup your entire gallery to google photos for fairly cheap rates. That way you can revert and restore your photos that way and deal with settings manually.
Batfone
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I backed it up before the beta just not through Smart Switch šŸ˜ž Will it still work?
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Questions
under normal circumstances, it would work.. you would factory reset your phone.. and then load your backups off your Samsung cloud or wherever else you had it, you just wouldn't be using Smart switch. I cannot say if having downloaded the beta updates affects this process in any way. I would suspect if you can get your phone back to factory out of the box restored then you should be able to restore anything else from your backups not including smart switch. that's not a very good answer, just stuff to think about.

the main things to back up are contacts, documents and photos... almost everything else can be replaced. fresh installs for apps are cleaner than installs from backups. that way you don't import any bad settings from a backup.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @Batfone ,

It is not required to backup via smart switch , you are free to use any backup service to backup your data. When you do withdraw from beta and use smart switch to roll  back to Android 11, your data on device is erased not from your cloud backup or any backup on PC. 

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes