Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Troubles with One UI watch 6 on Watch 4 classic

(Topic created: Sunday)
HectorDeVargas
Constellation
Options
Questions

I just installed the beta of one ui 6 on my watch 4 classic, the watch started to heat up more than usual, the battery drains faster and it's hard to open the app drawer. I unsubscribed from the beta but I can't roll back to One ui 5.

0 Likes
3 Replies
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Questions

This tends to happen when people dont read before action, get in a hurry and disregard instructions. When you signed up for the beta, it tells you that if you signed out, there is no coming back and you'll be stuck with the current update your on till the official stable build rolls out. You wont be able to roll back and you wont be able to enter the beta again. So you are stuck with where your at till the beta is over and official oneui6 rolls out. 

You do have options but will require you to completely read the instructions before proceeding. It will also require you to have some tech knowledge. I have a thred over on XDA that has oneui5 o.s. for watch 4 classic and other models but youll need a pc and a few programs like net Odin and bugjeager but youll also need to know how to use it. I dont recommend you go this route as its already evident your not very yech savvy. 

The other option is to goto or send the watch to a Samsung service center to have them do a roll back. Otherwise,  you are stuck where your at till beta ends. Next time, read everything completely and pay close attention to the highlight warnings before continuing. One thing that may help if you cant do either of those options is to perform a factory reset on the watch. It will still be oneui6 beta but may possibly correct your heating issue. Good luck 🖖

1000031553.jpg

HectorDeVargas
Constellation
Options
Questions

Thanks for the reply. I had read everything because I didn't want to make any mistakes and I really didn't think I would have any problems, I have tried the previous Samsung betas but honestly I had never tried on a smart watch until now. I was aware that if I unsubscribed from the beta program, it would not automatically send me back to the previous version, however, I thought it would be a similar procedure as with smartphones. I have already contacted customer service and they told me that I can go to a control center and they will restore it for me.  Again, thank you very much for the response, it is because of people like you that we can have a better community, helping those who know less. 

USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @HectorDeVargas

Thank you for your interest in Beta program and sad to see you go at the same time. 

As instructed in the Beta guideline (followed by @MarvinMod2's additional generous feedback), specifically in Withdraw section, Rollback is impossible after you withdraw from the program. In general, Battery draining issue is observed the highest in the beginning of Beta and improves throughout the Beta schedule. 

For future reference, please try to let your watch update to the latest Beta software and decide if you still wish to withdraw during the Beta program. If you participate Beta program in the middle of the schedule, then you will experience multiple updates (5~6 continuous updates and reboots) until the latest software is embedded on the watch that included bug fixes for Battery performance.  

We apologize for the inconvenience with your experience in Beta program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes