Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Updates?

(Topic created: 09-25-2021 09:40 PM)
The_Deacon
Halo
Options
Questions
Throughout this beta period I've been getting periodic pop-ups notifying me that there would be updates which I could turn on and off.
Did these happen? We haven't gotten beta 2 yet, but most of the bugs I reported (poor battery performance, very slow charging, over heating, etc.) seem to have gone away. Plus getting fewer pop-ups. I'm new to this, so I'm curious. I like this.
Thank you. 
10 Replies
PaulFox
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Yeah, I'm looking for those as well. This first Beta has been buggy as heck for me. The last two beta programs were nearly as smooth as the final release version (One UI 2 and 3). The only really major problem I have is app freeze and restarts.
OBA
Galaxy
Options
Questions
You can solve all these problems and enjoy this OS if only you can enter into recovery mode, wipe cache, factory reset, then wipe cache again. By so doing, your phone is starting anew and with no bugs. I am a long time beta tester and wrote this from experience.
Please, if you don't have time, don't do it. If you want to do it, it is best to first backup your phone completely.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Reboot the phone into Maintenance mode and select to Clear Cache Partition. You should do this as standard procedure during a beta.

The first beta update should arrive within the next week or so
The_Deacon
Halo
Options
Questions
Thank you all, but I was wiping cache several times a day. I expect issues from a beta. No big deal. But I was wondering why they seemed to go away.
DrFed
Comet
Options
Questions
You talking about this? Screenshot_20210925-192255_Settings.jpg
Coldheat06
Comet
Options
Questions
Ya
Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
The_Deacon
Halo
Options
Questions
Yes
0 Likes
PaulFox
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Yeah...I've done the cache wipe but not the full reset. The previous betas were so stable I never needed to even wipe the cache so this is just new to me.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @The_Deacon ,

Galaxy System updates that you are referring to only updates a few of Samsung system apps. Although they may help, it is unlikely they fixed issues you were having. There is a battery chance that you battery learning has completed and adapted to your system usage resulting in better battery life.  

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes