Original topic:

VoLTE not working since OneUI 4.0 Beta installation

(Topic created: 11-14-2021 09:26 PM)
userbq1AJ8CJaT
Asteroid
Options
Questions

Hello,

I am facing a strange problem with my S21 Ultra Unlocked which was directly bought from Samsung. I had enrolled into OneUI 4.0 beta when I was in the US. I was using Sprint connection then. I could see that, 'Service provider software version' is mentioned as SAOMC_SM-G998U1_OYM_XAA_12_0025 XAA/XAA, VZW/XAA.

I had to travel back to my home country (India) and I am using an Airtel sim card (LTE) here. Now, the strange problem is that LTE works here fine. But, VoLTE is not working. The network changes to 2G for phone calls. I am assuming that the autoswitching bands which was introduced in OneUI 4.0 is causing the problem here. I think since my software version shows as VZW, it's not registering the GSM bands.

Can anyone please help me here? The 2G network in my area is really bad and the calls get dropped quite often. I read some posts that we had an option to change local CSC in the older software, but it's not allowed anymore in OneUI 4.0.

I guess reverting to OneUI 3.1 will help, but that means a hard reset and again, I am not sure what is going to happen after the OneUI 4.0 stable release is out.

@SamsungJam

aps99
Halo
Options
Questions

Good finding. I also think the same thing - Samsung is purposely not letting US phones to be used outside the country. This will be terrible.

@USBetaModerator @userspam565656 , Can you help with this? We don't want $1000 worth paperweights.

0 Likes
sr14
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

What Samsung fails to understand is that smartphones are no longer personal devices, they are now an integral part of work/business devices and people are going to travel to other countries on business and expect their devices to work as soon as they land otherwise the purpose of paying 1000 dollars for a device is lost.

No wonder people are migrating in droves to Apple iPhone because they don't have this **bleep** about the phone not working in other countries/continents 

Hence,  I am no longer hopeful that either of the @USBetaModerator @Samsungteam or SAMSUNG will be able to help.

Also, my staff had taken my phone to the Samsung customer service center, they told me that they cannot help, but suggested doing binary/flash.

We need to think of alternatives,  looking into flashing never done that before but looks like no option. 

0 Likes
aps99
Halo
Options
Questions

BTW, I tried 2 US sim cards I had - Mint and Sprint. Mint automatically changed the CSC to XAG and Sprint changed it to SPR. Mint showed me WiFi calling option.

The problem seems to be with XAA (unlocked) version. There is some problem with the way XAA is configured.

0 Likes
sr14
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

Here is what I see when redpocket sim is in the phone

sr14_0-1637658971530.png

Here India Jio SIM is present

sr14_2-1637659435614.png

Red pocket is - XAR/XAR,XAR/XAA

JIO SIM is        - XAA/XAA, XAR/XAA

There is this Samkey PAID program to change the CSC, do you think changing it to India INU would make it localized for JIO?

BTW, just received the message from Samsung that the beta program ended 0n 22nd Nov 20201., so no more support

0 Likes
aps99
Halo
Options
Questions

BTW, just received the message from Samsung that the beta program ended 0n 22nd Nov 20201., so no more support

If they have already fixed it in the final version, I will be happy.

Changing CSC won't help I think. XAA config will need to be fixed.

0 Likes
sr14
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

I am not that hopeful...

0 Likes
sr14
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

With US sim in the phone do you see the link for regular version upgrade? 

0 Likes
aps99
Halo
Options
Questions

Not yet. I checked with my sister who is in US as well. She has an S21. She is also yet to get the Android 12 update. She didn't sign up for the beta.

0 Likes
sr14
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

Please keep me posted, I would appreciate that. 

0 Likes
sr14
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

Just received the following from USBeta team

sr14_0-1637685731833.png

0 Likes