cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

When will Google Messages replace Samsung Messages?

(Topic created: 10-25-2021 06:59 PM)
userH0NQVWzNEo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Hi, I'm wondering when or if in fact Google Messages will be replacing Samsung Messages. I was hoping the Beta would bring this change however, it does not seem to be the case. Can you please let me know?
5 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
I doubt it.

Samsung Messages is a core Samsung app with its strengths, and dedicated user base.

Google Messages (which I use) is a great alternative with its own set of strengths.

The fact you can have both installed, and switch between them at will, offers a unique advantage overall.

I've been in situations where one would get flakey (say, during a beta šŸ‘) and I'd switch to the other.

EDIT:
Admittedly, I wish Samsung or Google would rename their app, to reduce confusion šŸ‘
0 Likes
C4RR1LL0
Galaxy
Options
Questions
I've been using Google messages ui version, working great.... Screenshot_20211024-152320_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @userH0NQVWzNEo ,

It is very unlikely we will replace our app with Google messages. "Never say Never"šŸ˜

Regards
One UI Beta Team

userH0NQVWzNEo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Thank you all for your comments and input. It would be nice to unify the experience for Android users in general but it is clear that probably not in the immediate future. I liked that 'Never say never'. Regards.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Questions
There have been discussions throughout the Cell phone world of a possible universal chat messaging system for all devices but that is probably not going to happen
0 Likes