Original topic:

disconnection

(Topic created: 10-09-2021 08:49 AM)
mizfitz13
Comet
Options
Questions
I'm on a S21-Sprint/T-mobile:
Since I joined beta, I intermittently have had moments where I go to pick up a call or when I call another party, when the call goes to connect, the call drops & will continue to disconnect until I restart my phone. 
this could be a network issue with carrier, but as I stated, it started with joining beta.
9 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Are you using WiFi Calling ... or Data?
0 Likes
mizfitz13
Comet
Options
Questions
I have unlimited data. I only use wifi calling when I'm in stores and have no network.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Are you using 5G? If yes, switch to 4G/LTE and test again.
0 Likes
mizfitz13
Comet
Options
Questions
I only get 4g in my home. As I said, it is intermittent, so I can't really replicate it. I just power cycle my phone when it happens. I simply wanted to know if anyone experienced this.
0 Likes
Claykin
Comet
Options
Questions
I've seen the same issue with occasional disconnects and inability to connect an outbound call. My non scientific analysis says this issue happens most after transitioning from wifi to cellular connection.

Usually toggling airplane mode fixes for me. I believe I had to reboot once.
mizfitz13
Comet
Options
Questions
typically, when this happens to one, it is a network issue, such as switching from 4g/5g or as you stated, but I don't have either of those things happening since I'm on data 95% of the time & in 4g. my son's iPhone12 does it all the time, but this is the first time I had experienced it this month.
I'm not 100% that it isn't my network, but the beta is the only thing that is new for me here.
at any rate, no one seems to be reporting it rn for my area or for this beta.
also resetting the network is another "fix" but power cycling is literally easier for me than either option cos it's a hard button šŸ˜…
0 Likes
Options
Questions
While on mobile data, can you surf and talk?
0 Likes
Rjmjr69
Galaxy
Options
Questions
I have the same issue on Sprint since update. Randomly disconnects, will goto roam then back to volte. Also have people reporting when calling in goes straight to VM. Can't say for sure it's the rom or the carrier
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @mizfitz13 ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team