JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

what to do once 4.0 is stable?

(Topic created: 10-13-2021 12:31 PM)
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Once the stable/final 4.0 is released, is there any value in performing a factory reset on the phone (assuming it's been in the beta)? clear cache partition? (This is my first beta rodeo, so just trying to anticipate best practices coming out the other side.)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @notforhire ,

Master reset is not required after update to final version. Some users do prefer to do it to have a clean slate.  We would suggest clearing cache after updating to final version and monitor for issues. If there are any issues that are so major that device is not usable, you may consider doing a factory reset. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

View solution in context

13 Replies
Karnage
Galaxy
Options
Questions
When 4.0 final comes out you don't need to do anything while your on beta it will just ask you to update like a normal update anyways
JasonTheBaker
Asteroid
Options
Questions
There isn't any value in a factory reset after a beta because it's not necessary. If anything is wonky then I'd start with clearing the cache partition but if not it's not needed.
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Questions
There definitely is value to it. I've done every beta and have seen small things change after doing so.
Rjmjr69
Galaxy
Options
Questions
@TheRoops has 15+ years experience. Wealth of knowledge.
0 Likes
Rjmjr69
Galaxy
Options
Questions
It's been a long standing rule to do a factory reset after any rom install beta or not. I would as good practice to get the best experience
0 Likes
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Questions
Hey Rob, how's life been treating you? šŸ¤£
Rjmjr69
Galaxy
Options
Questions
šŸ˜ I am still alive and well my old friend. How are you?
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Questions
I would not recommend that you do a full Factory reset,
0 Likes
Solution
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @notforhire ,

Master reset is not required after update to final version. Some users do prefer to do it to have a clean slate.  We would suggest clearing cache after updating to final version and monitor for issues. If there are any issues that are so major that device is not usable, you may consider doing a factory reset. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team