Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

5G UC icon?

(Topic created: 10-05-2021 05:16 PM)
userYtp7Bza6RF
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Since the carriers seem to be using 5G UC designation can Samsung support showing when we're on a better one? Like the old LTE + days but for 5g??
3 Replies
boston503
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Agree
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @userYtp7Bza6RF ,

Requirements for 5G con are set by carrier and are not at Samsung discretion.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
userYtp7Bza6RF
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
HI @USBetaModerator
I get that to some level but shouldn't samsung hold carriers to a higher expectation to in order to ensure your premium brand? Look at esim for example. Hardware has been in many phones but samsung refuse(s)(ed) to enable cause carriers. Meanwhile Apple is able to have on all phones for how long, even if carrier doesn't support. This drives the carrier to support it. End of the day those of us buying the phone are your customer of the product. The carrier, we're a customer of a service. Two different things. I would like to see Samsung take a higher approach and be more forceful. It's your product and we are the customer as the consumer, not the service provider. So not specific to this request but you have Apple constantly acting like a more premium product when you are just as much and many ways better but don't make the best choices for us as customer it feels like.

Overall I want to see the partnership improved. I mean silly stuff like T-Mobile can't unlock a carrier locked device purchased from you directly still exist in 2021?

Anyway thanks for what you all do, I just hope we can do even better! I want to see Samsung do good cause it benefits me the customer and makes me come back.
0 Likes