Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Camera app performance

(Topic created: 09-24-2021 01:21 AM)
ruskin
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
The overall performance of the camera app needs completely overhauled. No matter what I am using it for, the entire experience is very laggy and I'm sure other people experience this too. From switching between lenses to switching modes there is too much lag. Especially when you are in photo mode in low light, the camera needs to lock its FPS so it does not look like a blurry/smeared mess. 
3 Replies
userItTv6yXj6c
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
I have had the exact opposite experience. I am finding the camera is faster and better performing than under Android 11. Switching is faster between modes as well than under Android 11.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @ruskin ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yea the camera app has been laggy forever when switching lenses and they said that on the Exynos 2100 and Snapdragon 888 that they support "smooth" lens transitions but I still have yet to see it and the s21 has been out for quite some time now. If you're going to make any animations in one ui smoother, the camera lens switching definitely needs to be it.