Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Google apps as Default

(Topic created: 10-20-2021 11:35 AM)
DiegoKaku
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Please, remove all duplicate apps and make it Google apps as default or gives the choice at least to uninstall and/or disable Samsung Apps.

*Samsung Internet is a superior app! I'll keep it as default
17 Replies
Doctor3825
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I mean I still think it's fair to have samsungs apps as default. Barring maybe Google messages which is the only way to use RCS even remotely reliably.

But they should make all of their apps like Bixby uninstallable.
OBA
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I don't think it is right to make any application uninstallable. If I bought a phone for almost 2000 dollars and someone is contesting with me, who owns the phone?
0 Likes
Doctor3825
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
So you and me agree. We want all apps to be uninstallable so that they don't take up space on our devices.
0 Likes
Dingodown
Comet
Options
Suggestions
It is a Samsung phone and not a Google phone after all. I highly doubt they are going to remove their apps on their phones. You can't go to burger King and demand they make you big macs
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
And what happens when you jump to your PC or laptop?

I'm referring to the lack of cross-device sync with S Internet
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Pixel, then
Archer818
Explorer
Options
Suggestions
Honestly, I think Samsung phones should just have Samsung apps. All of the Google apps can be downloaded from the Play store. Yes all apps should have the ability to be Uninstalled except those apps that support the OS.
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
100% with you
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yea I think samsung apps should be default for a Samsung phone and I get that many people like Google but you can't honestly say that a company should just get rid of their app that competes. Samsung should see if Google apps can just not be installed by default and just have Samsung apps as the only installed apps. Probably won't happen since Google owns Android but it's worth taking a look at.