Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Google messages collab

(Topic created: 11-05-2021 11:39 PM)
SammyJung
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
Does anyone know when we'll get the Google messages (samsung) version? I love rcs and was sad when Samsung messages took rcs off. Anyways I think its the perfect time to add the official native Google messages since One UI 4 is near it's final stage. 
17 Replies
Betamonke
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I don't know what it's coming but you can download the Samsung version of Google messages from APK mirror. I've been using it for a while. Also RCS does work on some carriers on the unlocked model but not for TMobile for some reason. Samsung made a comment about it in beta 1Screenshot_20211028-205414_Gallery_20074.png
SammyJung
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
I've been doing that, but Google play kept downloading(updates) the original Google messages
0 Likes
Betamonke
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yeah I've noticed that. I typically keep it up to date via APK mirror.
0 Likes
Loper_fan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Rcs works fine for me in samsung messages
missmotta
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Same
0 Likes
Focr06
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Been using android messages on tmobile for years.. No problems since I left Samsung messages
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @SammyJung ,

We cannot speculate on available of Google messages (Samsung) version at this time. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
missmotta
Comet
Options
Suggestions
It's not that great, I assure you. You can download the APK package from APK Mirror if you want to try it. It is completely uncustomizable and just looks janky, in my opinion. But you can give it a go and see for yourself. You'll have to also install the APK Mirror package installer app if you don't already have something like it.
0 Likes