Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Reply to Devs

(Topic created: 09-28-2022 06:30 PM)
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
I'd suggest that the developers, when "answering" an error report stop requesting more information, since there's no way provided to do so. Nothing but frustrating at this point.
11 Replies
johnnyboiii
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Every single error I have submitted has been returned "no log" I've clearly attached my error log and even screenshots of the issue and they just dump it straight into the "f*** em" bin.
Graywolfman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Are you leaving the Samsung Members app open during the submission? You'll get a notification thanking you for submitting the error report. None of mine have been dismissed, I hope this helps!
johnnyboiii
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Lol, yes, yes I am.
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
I get the same thing I keep it open and thru still want info
So I put no I can't add more info
No o can't reproduce the issue
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Suggestions
I agree. This started to happen over a year ago. I would almost always get a response saying no file attached, or something similarly silly. Sometimes I would be foolish enough to submit it again, to no avail. I feel like I am being jerked around by these people. Sigh.
0 Likes
mikeo2776
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Same thing happened to me today.
0 Likes
blazeBark
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Don't close, or even leave the Samsung Members app while your device is generating the log files - wait for the error report to be submitted first.
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
yes
0 Likes
JumpingHoses
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I agree. It's funny that they say to be considerate in the error reports, but I'd consider their responses to us to be inconsiderate of our time and effort.

I've submitted error reports that were ignored for various reasons, when they shouldn't have. I submitted one for multiple errors because all errors happened close together and were undoubtedly related. They said they couldn't analyze it unless I submitted separate reports, and separate logs for each. That's impossible when they were linked and because my phone wasn't usable during the entire time.